Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sewing Techniques I Week 1



Welcome fashion Designer’s of tomorrow. This week you will be introduced to the Sewing Techniques 1 course work, and will learn what the instructional objective is for this class. Do you have a garment that you have sewn? If so, please describe what it looks like and how you constructed the garment. What is the one thing you would like to design and construct for yourself? I look forward to your responses and reflections!
Log onto www.msdavidsonlineclassroom.org for class assignments and updates

3 comments:

Lauri-Ann B. said...

I really wouldn't call myself much of a sewer quite yet, but I have dress before!...To fit a Barbie doll that I have...It's not perfect, just your basic box-cut with a hole for a head..lol...But what I do applaud my self for is being a learning designer with an eye for detail. It could be the simplest dress and to me It could be spiced up with a Turquoise belt and a matching pin...Meh, all I know is that I'm a really random person. Sometimes I like bright things and other days I like dark things...I just NEVER KNOW WHAT TO STICK WITH! >.<

Zhiying P. said...

Zhiying P.
i had never done any garnmets before. unless it was clothes for my barbie...which i can say i make out of socks....so i don't really think that counts.

Ms. David said...

Dear Laurie Ann and Angela,
Barbie doll clothes do count in fact that was also the first clothing apparel that I constructed when I was a child. Did you know that Oscar De La Renta is the official designer for the Barbie Collection?